Monday, August 9, 2010

Women's day

Do you know how hard it is to find a padded laptop bag for 17.3 inch laptops? I think I've been to 10 or more places and while most don't have, those that do have want an arm & a leg for it! I quickly popped in at the mall today to get a few toiletries, including a very lekker body scrub. Healthy skin = exfoliating!

Anyway, I actually want my blog to be about all the wonderful women in my life. There are 3 that stand out by far:

My mom
My sister in law
And my one best friend

Flowers for these amazing women..

My mom is one of those women, you know... The very rare type that will do absolutely anything for her children. She'll walk through fire for me & my brothers. She will go to the ends of the earth for us. She stayed (and still is) in a complicated and tough marriage for us, so that we can have both parents. Maybe I'm oversharing right now, but hey, you don't know who I am, so it's not like you'll know who my parents are. My mom gets up in the cold winter nights to check if I've got enough blankets and if I'm warm enough. She always boiled an extra egg for me to eat when she made potato salad, and then she ate the yellow part, because I didn't like it. She learnt to sms just so she could keep contact with me when I was away and couldn't talk a lot. She gives me a bell to ring when I'm sick so I can call her. She goes without a lot of stuff just so I can have things I don't really always need. She is unselfish. She is strong. She is unbelievable. I really think she's the best example out there. When I have kids one day, I want to be the mother to them that she was to me.

My sister in law... Ha, now there's a wild one for you! Not wild as in rough, but she's funny, smart, and very open about a lot of stuff (stuff that some kids shouldn't know about). I met her when I was in grade 1, she called me ''gesiggie'' (little face, although it sounds better in Afrikaans) and I regularly sat on her lap. As I grew older, I confided in her about everything. She gave me THE SPEECH (flowers & bees one), because my parents figured she would be the best candidate for that. She taught me how to bikini wax. We exercised together, and we were in great shape at one stage! We played squash almost every day and before or after that, we would have a full gym session in her bedroom with her home gym. We even chased the ice cream man's truck twice so we could get ice cream! (She might have been pregnant at the time: blame it on cravings, lol) I don't see her that often anymore, but when I do, I know I can ask her anything and that she'll answer me straight. Oh and did I mention that my heart's tip is her 3 year old daughter? hehehe

The third awesome woman in my life is my 17 year old friend. Yeah, we differ 2 years, but boy, is that girl mature! She isn't like any other girl her age. Or even my age. I guess she owes a lot of that due to the fact that she didn't always have it easy growing up. I'm not gonna elaborate on that. This friend of mine is a gem, a jewel. I was the first person that slept over at her house, just because she was shy to let other people in. We would stay up late and do prank calls together, calling her ex and pretending that I'm a stripper, lol! We would randomly drive through our town's streets. She would come with me when I rollerblade and take the most awesome pictures. She would buy me airtime when I didn't even ask her to. She loves to bless people with stuff. She always encourages me to do great things, even when I don't think it's possible. She prays with me and for me continuously. She inspires me to go even further. This one time we went jogging on our farm and she had an asthma attack. She didn't let me catch on and she ran the remaining 2km's flat out without her lungs working properly. When she sets her mind to something, you can know that it'll happen. She is truly the best friend anyone can ask for.

So there you have it. 3 awesome women that inspire me. You'll hear more about them later on. I think I'm gonna google a few stuff now. (When I leave Pretoria Wednesday, I'm going to the farm which means: No internet access!!! Eeek...!)

Ciao for now =)

No comments:

Post a Comment